Looking for the right documents required for building plan approval?
The following are the documents required for building plan approval which must be submitted for approval processing.
- Proof of Land Ownership/Title Document (CTC)/ Clearance Letter
- Five (5) Copies of Survey Plan and 1 original (Beacon Sheet, In Case Of Scheme)
- Current Income Tax Clearance Certificate
- Current Special Development Levy Receipt
- Three (3) Different Photographs of Site with Current Date
- One (1) set of the sealed soil test report for developments above 2 floors
- The client will be required to sign attestation form, once assessment fee has been paid to Lagos state government see page 5 of application form from Lagos state
- Client phone number and current address are required as seen on page 2 of the Application form from Lagos state.
- Confirmation Letter from Lands in Lieu of Consent (if applicable).
- Letter of supervision from COREN registered engineers for the structural drawings.
- Environmental Impact Analysis Report (if applicable).
- Development Levy receipt.
- Evidence of payment of assessment fees.
- Land Use charge, Tenement Rate receipt, or sworn affidavit in lieu of tenement rate.
- Evidence of payment of ground rent (if Applicable).
- Copy of Demand Notice for current year ground rent (if applicable).
- Clearance Letter from L.U.A.C. (if applicable).
- Clearance letter from Housing, Fire, Transportation, and Drainage (if Applicable).
- Copy of Confirmation letter from NTDA (if applicable).
- 2 Passport Photograph of Applicant(s).
- Electronic tax clearance of applicant (with a copy of last payment receipt for tax).
- Copy of certificate of incorporation (if the applicant is a company).
- Two directors tax clearance (if the applicant is the company name).
- Evidence of Pay as You Earn of the company.
- Five (5) sets of each of the following:
- corrected Stamped and Sealed Architectural Drawings.
- corrected Stamped and Sealed Structural Drawings with Calculation Sheet.
- Mechanical and Electronic Drawings (For Commercial, Office, Residential Above 4 Floors).
- Ensure that you have all the necessary documents, especially tax and structural drawing papers, to avoid unnecessary delays in the approval process.
- Ensure that your tax papers are up-to-date as tax verification will be done at LIRS.
You may also want to know:
- Requirements for building plan approval
- Process of obtaining building plan approval
- What to know before buying land in Nigeria: Don’t Be A Victim!
- Cost of building a 3 bedroom flats/bungalow
I hope you find it useful. I will love to hear your questions, feedback, challenges, and success story. Please do leave your comment behind. Feel free to share the link to your different social media platforms.